Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teenager Interview ( Extra Credit)

  Teens Interview

              Before I started with my interview with the teen I chose to interview I asked a couple of people what is their personal opinion about teens and how will they define teens. However, I did get a lot of the same response. For instance, they all seem to believe that teens are rebel and curious some thought that teens do not know how to behave and are loud and disrespectful.  My personal opinion about teens is that they are in a age where they are trying to find themselves and do different things to find themselves. I also, believe that in today society teens are labeled in a negative way therefore, by them being labeled so negative they tend to become what they are labeled by the people in their lives.
             Being an Intern at YouthBuild I chose to interview a Male  Teen from the program. YouthBuild is a GED program that helps troubled students gain a positive and successful education. In this program there are kids that have been to jail, do drugs and dropped out of school because they did not have  positive  support. However, workings for  Youth Build I have gained  a lot of great experience like working with teens, teaching a class on unhealthy relationships ,and evaluating the students.  
           Questions I asked:
  Q: How would you describe teens?
  A:  I would describe teens as like music, hanging with friends and having fun sometimes rebel.  
 Q: How do you feel when people labeled you as a bad teen because of your pass?
A:   To be honest I hate how we are labeled as bad teens just because of our pass. Yes, some of us to commit crimes and go to jail and regret it and choose to change our lives for a better one. I feel that when people label me is because they don’t have faith in me in becoming successful in life. Also, people that label me don’t know how I live my life and the reasons why I did the things I did in life.
            I choose to connect my interview with Raby article.  In the article there were numerous of statements that she made in her article that I disagree with. For instance, one main thing I do not agree with is they way teenagers are defined in the article. “Yeah, I think that teenagers, they are trouble- maker and they do things” (pg 444) I disagree, with the previous quote all teenagers are not trouble maker and should not be labeled as trouble- maker. I’m currently doing my internship at a program called Youth Build and I deal different kinds of teenagers. For instance, some of teens are dropped out of school for numerous of negative factors such as, getting in trouble with law enforcement, or lost their track using drugs.  Yes, I do understand that the majority of teenagers do cause trouble but us as a community we cannot continue to label these teenagers as trouble maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment