Thursday, March 3, 2011

Extended Commentss: Teens in a Digital Age

.
 In the article written by Michael Welsh he discusses the different levels of technology and social media and how it can be positive influence toward education. In today society numerous of teachers don’t acknowledge the positive view of technology. However, the way teachers look at technology is negative and don’t believe that it can be useful while teaching students.  
             As, I was reading jasmine blog on the article written by Welsh I do agree with a point she made which was “In the elementary school I had went to we were just gaining access to computers and pone systems” (Jasmine) I agree, with that point because when I was in middle school we just started to get computers but we hardly used it because to teachers it was not a good way of teaching students. However, I believe that technology in education felid as become a main priority for the reason that is there are so many different ways to teach with technology. For instance, I love how Dr.Bogad teaches class by PowerPoint, blogs, videos I feel that is a great way to keep the student engages in class rather than just reading off a book and writing papers. Another, point jasmine made that I agreed with was” I may argue is that technology for the future generations is something that could change things. Children now days are relying on technology for learning” (Jasmine). The statement that Jasmine made I, highly agreed with her because in today generation technology has become very powerful. For, instance I have little cousins that are 8 years old and know how to use a computer I believe better than me. I also, have a little niece that is 2 years old  and I put learning games on the laptop for her and she plays very well and has learned her colors and numbers. Therefore I believe that technology is great.

2 comments:

  1. I agree I am a education major and I see how much technology is used in teaching. It makes life and learning so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for basing your blog on mine. its cool to see that other people may have gone throught the same as you did when you were younger :)

    ReplyDelete